Here we have an easy and “fast to make” cake. Nevertheless, it is super delicious, flavorous, and fruity.
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for the batter:
- 150 g cake flour (sifted)
- 120 g white sugar
- 2 whole eggs (at room temperature, large)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 125 g of greek yogurt (not sweet, warm)
- 3 medium nectarines
- 8 small plums (I used Claudia plums)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- vanilla essence
Directions for the cake batter:
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (356°F)
- Lightly grease the interior of a baking mold with butter, and place it in a fridge.
- Wash the fruits, dry them with a paper towel, then chop the plums in halves and remove the pits. Peel the nectarines, remove the pits and cut 2 of them into fine slices, and 1 into small cubes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Beat the eggs with sugar to white soft peaks.
- Add the yogurt, mix a bit, add several drops of vanilla essence, olive oil, and honey, and mix until completely blended in. Scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Add half of the sifted dry ingredients and mix for a few seconds until incorporated. Add the other half of the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Add cubes of nectarine. Mix a bit.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking mold and spread it out evenly.
- Place the plum halves on the top, place slices of nectarine in between, and press them slightly.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tbsp of brown sugar, some cinnamon, and sliced almonds (optional).
- Bake for around 40 minutes, until golden colour and baked.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature and then demold it.
Serving and storage
The cake is tender and yummy as is, at room temperature, but you can always heat a piece and serve it with vanilla ice cream as an option!
It can be stored covered with glass or plastic dome for 2-3 days outside the fridge. Or 5-6 days in a fridge.
More Pastry Techniques and Recipes: