Very chewy, moist, and absolutely delicious cookies for breakfast and snacks. It is a special recipe for those who do care about what they eat and maintain a healthy and sporty diet. These cookies are rich in fiber, long carbs, and vitamins and contain far less fat than usual ones. If you prefer less sweet, add less sugar o substitute some with sweeteners.
- 50 g oat flakes
- 50 g granola
- 150 g apple puree
- 1 large egg
- 60 g all-purpose Flour
- 50 g muscovado brown sugar
- 30 g raisins
- 30 g cashews (or any nuts you like)
- 30 g chopped almonds (or any nuts you like)
- 30 g dried sweet cranberries
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- vanilla essence (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Combine the oat flakes, granola, apple puree, and olive oil, and mix well.
- Cook the oats uncovered in the microwave on high power for 1-1.5 minutes. Let cool a bit.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices together, and mix well.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg with brown sugar, then add honey and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Add half of the cooked oats, mix well and then add another half of the oats, and mix again.
- Add chopped nuts and mix.
- Add chopped raisins and cranberries and mix.
Backing the cookies
- Scoop the butter with a tablespoon and place the scoops on parchment paper or a silicone mat pressing them a little with your fingers and leaving some space between them.
- Sprinkle with some brown sugar.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F) for 15 minutes, time may vary, it depends on your oven. Bake until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool a bit and then place them on a wire rack to cool them down completely.
More Pastry Techniques and Recipes: