Here we have an easy recipe of the yummiest chocolate cookies with hazelnuts and raisins.
They are not too sweet and very flavourful, contain a lot of nuts and a minimum amount of sugar.
Ingredients for the cookie dough:
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 50 g hazelnut paste
- 70 g brown sugar
- 40 golden syrup
- 45 g whole eggs (1 large egg)
- 75 g sifted all purpose flour
- 15 g cacao
- 2 g cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence (optional)
- 65 g chopped hazelnuts (or 40 g hazelnuts + 35 g almonds) and some more for decoration
- 30 g chopped raisins (and some more for decoration)
- 30 g chopped dried sweet cranberries (and some more for decoration)
Directions for the chocolate cookie dough :
- Scale all the ingredients accurately, all the ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Place the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl. With the paddle attachment cream the mixture at low speed. Partway through mixing, stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Cream the mixture at least for several minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Stir the hazelnut paste to make it homogeneous
- Add hazelnut paste to the butter and mix well.
- Add the egg and blend it in at low speed.
- Combine the sifted flour, cacao, baking powder, salt and spices. Add these ingredients to the dough and mix until just combined. Do not overmix or gluten will develop.
- Add the chopped nuts, raisins and cranberries, stir well.
- Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
Shaping and baking the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder around 4-5 cm thick. You can use plastic wrap to roll the dough, it will save your time and effort and also you won’t need to use more flour.
- If necessary, chill the dough cylinders in the fridge to make them firmer.
- With a knife cut the cylinder into uniform pieces (around 1,5-2 cm thick).
- Roll each piece into a ball in the palms of the hands and press it gently to form a disk.
- Place the cookies on the parchment paper or silicone mat leaving some space between them.
- Place some nuts and raisins on the top of each cookie to decorate.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F) for 20 minutes, time may vary, it depends on your oven. Bake until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool a bit and then place them on a wire rack to cool them down completely.
More pastry recipes: